Monday 15 September 2014

The Latest from Your Parish Councillor - Martin Corney (Parish Pump - August 2014)

I heard it. It was a spookily misty night so I stopped to listen, as I'd been advised these were the best conditions to hear it. If I strained to listen I could just hear it going whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. The wind turbine at Charaton does make a noise, and the wind was taking the noise away from me. It might be louder on a different day, but so far it has been acceptable in my opinion. 

If you feel strongly about all sorts of things in the parish, don't forget that you should fill in the Neighbourhood Development Plan Survey that was delivered by hand to every household in the parish last month. This survey will be used to decide the future of our parish for the next twenty or thirty years, whether we get new housing estates, wind turbines, solar farms, the lot. So fill your survey in and drop it in to one of the collection points before 12th August 2014. 

The future of Millennium House as our Community Centre is still being discussed at the forum. I'm writing this before the next meeting, which I hope will look to the future rather than the past. Since I live in St Ive rather than Pensilva, I didn't realise how controversial this building was a couple of decades ago. The building exists and is not going away. I just want it to be used efficiently for the benefit of the community. That way we won't have to pay increased council tax to keep it going. 

Phone me, email me on martin.corney@btinternet.com or you can comment on my blog. Search engines will find me at "martin corney blog st ive".

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, as long as they are not defamatory, and will be published after checking.