Monday 5 December 2016

The Latest from Your Parish Councillor - Martin Corney (Parish Pump - December 2016)

As I write this the Parish Council have just received proper legal advice on the correct procedure for leasing Millennium House to any organisation such as Pensilva Community Association. By the time you read this the Parish Council will have held an EGM to discuss this legal advice and decide the way forward for Millennium House which is still being funded as a community centre by more than half of the Parish Council precept (the Parish Council part of our council tax). The Parish Council is also in the process of setting next year's precept.

If there is a demand for it, I am thinking of providing free guidance in the community centre to people who would like to use a computer for basic things like sending emails and searching for information on the internet but don't know how. My elderly father has just worked out how to order his regular NHS prescription using the internet, which saves him a trip to his GP practice. I imagine that many in the parish could benefit from this service. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please contact me and I will make arrangements in the new year.


Don’t forget the parish website st-ive-parishcouncil.gov.uk with council meeting agendas and minutes; also downloadable copies of the Parish Pump. For those of you who do Facebook, our St Ive Parish Council page is still being updated with parish news. Phone me, email me on martin.corney@btinternet.com or "martin corney blog st ive" in search engines will find my blogs for you to comment on this article and other gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, as long as they are not defamatory, and will be published after checking.